We are emulating the fantastic idea of our Cape Cod sister branch by creating a Mother’s Day micro action! We can all participate and unlike some of our formal actions and events, doesn’t require much time, effort or resources to perform. Here’s the plan:
- Create origami peace cranes – directions here and here
- Locate an outdoor space where you can hang paper peace cranes or have them available in a basket
- Post this sign “Happy Mother’s Day! – learn the story of how today began as a Nonviolent Protest of War in 1870 – click the QR code to learn more”
- Place cranes and sign in your space on Sunday, May 9th and send us pictures of your “micro-action” to post on our social media
- Enjoy being in community with WILPF St Louis!
This is wonderful. Thank you for creating this moral high minded peace action!
Pingback: Lynn’s Corner – Summer issue | Women's International League for Peace and Freedom St. Louis Branch